E-mail MeMary M. (Mardee) Sherman
Mardee Sherman is a partner at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker. Her practice is dedicated almost exclusively to family law and domestic relations matters. Before becoming an attorney, Mardee was a theatrical costumer who designed and coordinated numerous theatrical and operatic productions across the country. She now applies her analytical and organizational skills to representing clients in issues involving divorce, dissolution, collaborative law, child support modification, parenting time and parental responsibilities, and paternity issues.
Mardee also handles private adoptions and welcomes clients from all aspects of life, including single parents and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender couples.
Mardee represents clients in Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont and Brown counties in Ohio and in Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties in Kentucky. She practices from the firm's downtown Cincinnati office, but is also available in the firm's Mason office by appointment.
Mardee Sherman knows the importance of family relationships and works with her clients to preserve and protect those relationships while vigorously protecting her clients' rights and interests. In addition to working to ensure fair settlements in divorce cases, Mardee assists her clients in moving forward with the next phase of their life, and educating each client about the impact the law will have on their specific issues. She believes that frequent communication is integral to establishing a strong, successful attorney/client relationship. Mardee is a member of the Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals, which offers a no-court alternative to the traditional method of litigating divorce. She also serves as an adjunct legal instructor at the University of Cincinnati, teaching courses in Legal Research and Writing for its paralegal program.
Mardee is on the Board of Directors for the non-profit group, Women Writing for (a) Change and is a member of the newly-formed Cincinnati Regional Food Policy council. Mardee was named Volunteer Lawyer of the Year for 2010 by the Volunteer Lawyers Project of Cincinnati, and is involved with Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, a non-profit community outreach center run by the sister of Mercy In her free time, Mardee enjoys travel, biking and gardening.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. cum laude
- Law Review: Student Articles Editor
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
- B.S. magna cum laude
- Chaos in the Marketplace: When Subsequent Punishment Leads to Prior Restraint: Will Cincinnati Ever Get it Right?, 32 N. Ky. L. Rev. 397, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member, Domestic Relations Comm
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
- Volunteer Lawyer's Project (VLP)
- Mercy Neighborhood Ministries Fundraising Committee
- Women Writing for (a) Change Board of Directors
- Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council member