Mardee Sherman is a partner at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker. Her practice is dedicated exclusively to family law and domestic relations matters. Before becoming an attorney, Mardee was a theatrical costumer who designed and coordinated numerous theatrical and operatic productions across the country. She now applies her creative and analytical skills to representing clients in issues involving divorce, dissolution, custody, collaborative law, child support, parenting time, and paternity issues. Mardee is a member of the Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals, which offers a no-court alternative to the traditional method of litigating divorce.
Mardee also handles adoptions and guardianships and welcomes clients from all aspects of life, including single parents and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender couples. Mardee represents clients in Hamilton, Butler, Warren, Clermont and Brown counties in Ohio and in Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties in Kentucky. She practices primarily from the firm's downtown Cincinnati office, but is also available in the firm's Mason office by appointment.
Mardee Sherman knows the importance of family relationships. She will work with her clients to preserve and protect those relationships while vigorously protecting her clients' rights and interests. In addition to working to ensure fair settlements in divorce cases, Mardee assists her clients in moving forward with the next phase of their lives and she educates each client about the impact the law will have on their specific issues. She believes that frequent communication is integral to establishing a strong, successful attorney/client relationship.
Mardee was named Volunteer Lawyer of the Year in 2010 by the Volunteer Lawyers Project of Cincinnati, and is involved with Mercy Neighborhood Ministries, a non-profit community outreach center run by the Sisters of Mercy, and the Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council. In her free time, Mardee enjoys traveling, sewing, biking, and organic gardening.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, J.D. cum laude
Law Review: Student Articles Editor
- University of Cincinnati, B.S. magna cum laude
- Chaos in the Marketplace: When Subsequent Punishment Leads to Prior Restraint: Will Cincinnati Ever Get it Right?, 32 N. Ky. L. Rev. 397 (2005)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Domestic Relations Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
- Volunteer Lawyer's Project (VLP)
- Mercy Neighborhood Ministries Fundraising Committee
- Women Writing for (a) Change, Board of Directors
- Cincinnati Regional Food Policy Council