Mike Galasso joined Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker in 1999 and became a partner in 2005. He is a member of the firm’s litigation practice group and his practice is devoted almost exclusively to litigation. Mike has tried numerous cases to verdict including bench trials, jury trials, arbitrations, appeals, contested bankruptcy matters, and adversary proceedings.
Admitted to practice in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana, Mike’s practice extends to a wide range of civil litigation matters such as business and contract disputes, real estate disputes, land use and zoning, employment litigation, non-compete agreements, trade secret claims, franchise litigation, consumer claims, and creditor’s rights. His creditor’s rights practice regularly involves representing banks, credit unions, loan servicers, private equity, and other financial institutions in foreclosures, bankruptcies, receiverships, loan workouts, Article 9 sales, surrender and deed in lieu transactions, and related default matters. Mike also represents outdoor advertising clients in land use, zoning, permit, appropriation, and contract matters. He has significant experience in personal injury matters representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
Mike is currently representing multiple financial institutions in commercial foreclosures, receiverships, and bankruptcies involving distressed multi-family, office, and mixed use properties and has successfully concluded hundreds of cases involving the judicial sale of real estate. Mike has defended multiple class action claims and litigated cases in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Colorado, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Texas, and New Jersey.
Mike is a member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum in which membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards, and settlements. He has made several presentations to professional organizations relating to foreclosure, real estate, and outdoor advertising issues.
Mike was named an Ohio Super Lawyer in 2022 and 2023 based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
Prior to law school, Mike was a police officer in Knoxville, Tennessee. During college, Mike was a military police officer in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve serving on active duty in Operation Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Kuwait.
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America
- Tri State League of Financial Institutions
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict in the representation of a construction restoration company in a contract/mechanic’s lien dispute.
- In representing a mortgage broker, obtained summary judgment on eight of ten claims, then obtained a bench trial judgment on the remaining claims which was later upheld on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment in representing an automobile dealership in consumer claims.
- Successfully defended a financial institution in claims asserted by a corporate customer; the outcome was subsequently upheld on appeal.
- Successfully defended an automobile warranty company in claims brought by a consumer under a warranty.
- Obtained a judgment in favor of an outdoor advertising company in an administrative appeal which reversed the denial of a sign permit by a local zoning authority.
- Obtained a bench trial judgment in favor of an employer in a wrongful discharge claim.
- Successfully defended a nonprofit organization against claims of employment discrimination.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and injunction in favor of an employer against a former employee arising from a non-compete agreement and trade secret claim.
- Obtained summary judgment for an employer in an employee claim under the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Lead counsel for the plaintiff in a personal injury claim in which the jury awarded in excess of $1,000,000 where the last defense settlement offer was $60,000.
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of a hotel in a premises liability claim.
- Obtained a defense judgment for a transportation company in a personal injury claim.
- Represented stallion managers in Australia and Kentucky in claims brought by fractional owners of a thoroughbred racing stallion.
- Represented the franchisor in claims brought by a franchisee in arbitration.
- Represented a financial institution in claims relating to underwriting of commercial loans.
- Represented financial institutions in class action claims made under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Represented a commercial lender in connection with automobile floor plan financing.
- Represented the majority owners of a limited liability company in a claim for breach of fiduciary duties and an accounting.
- Represented a minority shareholder of a corporation in a breach of fiduciary claim against the majority owners.
- Represented a marketing company in obtaining dismissal of claims made under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represented multiple owners of commercial properties in challenging real estate tax valuations.
- Represented a commercial mortgage holder in a disputed receivership involving a 500,000 square foot mixed use office/hotel/retail property and connected bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented a court-appointed receiver appointed at the request of a municipality to abate a nuisance at a 100 unit multi family property.
- Represented a court-appointed receiver appointed to reverse fraudulent transfers and effectuate judicial sales of multi family real estate properties.
- Represented a court-appointed receiver in an action seeking to reverse the judicial sale and distribution of proceeds from the sale of multi family property.
- Represented an outdoor advertising company in state court litigation challenging municipal tax.
- Represented an outdoor advertising company in administrative proceeding challenging the revocation of a sign permit.
- Represented an outdoor advertising company in connection with multiple appropriation proceedings initiated by state department of transportation.
- Represented an outdoor advertising company in commercial lease dispute.
- Represented a condominium unit owners association challenging the attempted sale of property in Colorado by a Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee.
- Represented a creditor in obtaining dismissal of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Represented a creditor in obtaining denial of bankruptcy discharges in Chapter 7 cases based upon fraud.
- Represented a creditor in a Chapter 13 case challenging dischargeability of debt.
- Represented a creditor in obtaining conversion of a Chapter 13 case to Chapter 7.
- Represented a creditor in successfully challenging fraudulent transfer of assets by the borrower and claims for successor liability against the transferee.
- Represented purchasers and creditors in multiple cases involving the judicial sale of assets in bankruptcy cases.