Robert Ernst is an associate in the litigation practice group at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker. Since 2015 Robert has been representing both companies and individuals in a variety of matters, including breach of contract disputes, construction related disputes, employment issues, personal injury claims, workers compensation claims, and criminal defense.
Robert began his career as an assistant prosecutor with the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office, where he served from 2009 to 2014. In that position, he gained extensive trial experience in the Hamilton County Juvenile Court and Court of Common Pleas. That courtroom knowledge and experience has proven invaluable in his litigation practice.
Robert is committed to providing exact communication with his clients and to serving their needs as efficiently as possible.
Robert lives in the Village of Fairfax with his wife and two children where he is a duly elected member of the Village Council and was appointed to supervise the expenditure of Village funds as a member of the Village’s finance committee. If he is not practicing law, serving his constituents, or being a family man, you will probably find him out on a golf course.
- Selected for and completed the 2018 Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers program through the Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Village of Fairfax, Ohio, Village Council Member since 2016
- Volunteer with the Hamilton County, Ohio Special Olympics
- Volunteer at La Soupe, a non-profit organization that rescues otherwise wasted produce to create nutritious meals for non-profits and food-insecure families
- Former mock trial coach at St. Xavier High School
- Represented a commercial entity being sued for over $3.5 million for fraud. Successfully had all the claims against the client dismissed on the merits and secured a declaratory judgment in the client’s favor.
- Lead counsel for a large automotive dealer facing multiple lawsuits regarding warranty related matters. Successfully had all lawsuits dismissed on the merits without trial.
- Lead counsel for a commercial lender on a land installment contract. Successfully had the commercial borrower evicted from the real estate and subsequently secured a judgment in excess of $30,000 which included reimbursement of attorney fees.
- Lead counsel for an individual property owner facing a lawsuit which sought to take away property rights in real estate and recover money damages. Successfully had the lawsuit dismissed on the merits without trial and successfully defended the dismissal in front of the court of appeals.
- While representing multiple commercial lending institutions, successfully secured monetary judgments for breach of contract and recovered said judgments by executing against real estate owned by the borrowers.
- Lead counsel for commercial home builder in arbitration action brought by homeowners. At the close of two days’ worth of testimony, homeowners asked for damages in excess of $60,000. Successfully argued against that request and secured an award that was less than 20% of what the homeowner’s asked for.