Bill Sherman is a partner at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker. Bill has been with the firm his entire career, starting as a law clerk in 1992 and is currently the President of the firm.
Bill's practice is focused on estate and personal planning as well as estate and trust administration. Bill has an expertise in estate tax planning and business succession planning. He has been involved in the successful business transition planning for RKPT clients transferring ownership in operating businesses. This planning involves a thorough review of both tax and non-tax issues, including asset protection, to ensure the success of the transition.
Bill has been active in working with many charitable organizations, including previously serving on the planned giving committees of the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens and the University of Cincinnati Foundation as well as serving on the Project Paradise Committee at McNicholas High School. Bill is currently involved as a member of the advisory board for a local non-profit, May We Help, and is also serving on the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Foundation Board.
Bill practices from the firm's downtown Cincinnati office, but is also available in the firm's Mason office.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Planning
- Succession Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Business Organizations
- Ohio, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1994
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
Honors and Awards
- Named One of the Top Estate Planning Attorneys Under the Age of 40, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Children's Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees