Zach Bahorik is a partner at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker. He joined the firm in 2018. Zach has nearly a decade of experience serving businesses and individuals in a variety of legal disciplines.
His practice focuses on the needs of early stage companies and established businesses in a wide array of legal areas, including business formation, operations, intellectual property and asset protection, financing, and transactions. He also advises business owners and executives on planning for the long-term growth and eventual succession of their business. With his extensive litigation experience, Zach can counsel companies through the difficult challenges of commercial disputes, including pursuing and defending claims related to employment, intellectual property, breach of contract, and commercial torts.
In addition to working with mature corporations, Zach is highly involved in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Greater Cincinnati. He represents founders and companies at all stages, from initial concept to raising significant capital. Zach works closely with OCEAN, a local high-tech startup accelerator, serving as the Manager of the dedicated investment fund, Ocean Capital, since 2014.
Zach has made his home in the Pleasant Ridge community with his wife, Libby, since 2010. He has volunteered for a variety of nonprofit organizations, including Girls on the Run of Greater Cincinnati, where he served on the Board of Directors for four years including a term as Chairman, and Fight for Abigail, an organization raising awareness and funding for research to eliminate Sanfilippo Syndrome. He has contributed pro bono legal service to Cincinnati’s Legal Aid Volunteer Lawyers Program since 2009 and has also coached the mock trial program at Oak Hills High School.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017, 2018, 2019
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Young Lawyers Community Service Committee 2010 - 2011
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Legal Aid Volunteer Lawyers, 2009 - Present
- Served as counsel to a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company from its formation, through several rounds of investment financing, and ultimately to its exit over six years later.
- Formed and counseled an investment fund that has made capital investments in over 40 early stage tech companies.
- Represented the owner of a veterinary practice in the sale of his business, which included real estate and non-traditional business assets, for a purchase price of over $2,000,000.
- Organized and executed a complete restructuring of a registered investment advisory firm, overseeing a transition from one single entity to a collection of subsidiaries dedicated to different lines of business.
- Defended a small business against a personal injury that occurred on the company’s premises, obtaining a unanimous defense verdict at the jury trial.
- Was able to negotiate and recover over $130,000 of severance and benefits prior to the filing of a lawsuit for an individual who was terminated by his company allegedly “for cause.”