RKPT's Business and Corporate practice group helps business owners and executives to plan for and address the various issues they face in forming, operating and growing their businesses. We represent entrepreneurs and businesses of all types and sizes from start-up through succession planning.
We proudly partner with established and emerging companies based in our greater Cincinnati area, but also handle corporate matters throughout the U.S.
The RKPT Promise: Trusted Partnership that Minimizes Your Risks and Maximizes Your Results
RKPT's corporate lawyers act as true partners to our business clients. Our track record, spanning over half a century, makes us a trusted source of business advice and guidance. We are always looking for creative solutions to help our clients move their businesses forward.
As your partner, you can expect our attorneys to deliver your efficient solutions, based on your business's goals and risk tolerance. Whether we represent you on a limited issue or on many issues as outside general counsel, you will find that we listen more than we talk: we provide proactive, creative legal advice in the context of your company's mission, concerns, and long-term plans.
We understand the value of collaboration. As a corporate client, you also benefit from the unique advantages of our in-house network of legal expertise. Commercial property matters are handled through collaboration with our real estate group. Issues surrounding family business ownership and succession are seamlessly coordinated with our personal planning group. When disputes arise, we handle negotiation, litigation, mediation, and arbitration with the added advantage of our in-house litigators — all well equipped to handle niche areas such as construction law or creditors’ rights.
Our Business and Corporate Law services include:
Our corporate lawyers help with all forms of business transactions, including:
- Choosing the correct business entity to meet your organizational needs
- Drafting the documents necessary to clearly define the relationships between business owners, investors, and employees
- Negotiating contracts, leases, confidentiality, and non-compete agreements that add value while providing the maximum amount of protection
- Investigating and completing beneficial mergers and acquisitions
- Working through the sale of some or all of the business and/or its assets
- Planning and implementing the successful transition of the business from one generation to the next
A cornerstone of RKPT’s practice has long been working with borrowers and local, regional, and national lenders to document and perfect secured transactions, such as mortgage loans, asset purchases, and other transactions. Our attorneys approach each transaction with the expertise required to secure advantageous loan terms for the parties involved, or document the deal to secure the collateral required by the lender in exchange for the loan. RKPT’s wholly owned title company, Safe Title Agency, Inc., often acts as escrow agent and title company to streamline the process.
Our broad experience with established companies allows us to offer insightful guidance to new ventures. We advise and coordinate with:
- Early stage investors
- Angel investor groups
- Business accelerators
- Venture capital funds
We also help businesses of all sizes avoid employment issues through careful planning and advice. When a dispute does arise, we help you navigate toward a successful and cost-effective resolution. Examples of our transactional services in the area of employment and labor law include:
- Drafting employee handbooks, contracts, and non-competition agreements
- Advising employers for compliance with employment laws including ADA, FMLA, and FLSA
- Advising employers about employee benefits, workers’ compensation and unemployment claims
For additional information about our Business and Corporate Law practice, we invite you to contact RKPT.