Fred Robbins is a partner with the firm, and engages in business transactional work in the fields of corporate law, estate planning and probate, and real estate law. Fred has deep experience negotiating and achieving successful results for his broad client base, many of whom have stood with him 30+ years. Fred has a friendly, upbeat attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, and an intense desire to help his clients reach and exceed their goals. Much of his success stems from his ability to translate complex legal issues into understandable terms, while taking a practical approach on every transaction.
Fred serves as general counsel to many closely held and family businesses. His practice has a broad scope, ranging from business formation, structure, owner buy-sell agreements, employment contracts, counseling and guiding business succession plans, purchase and lease transactions, financing, and complex merger and acquisition transactions.
Fred served as managing partner of the firm from 1990 until October, 2014, when he initiated a management transition. The firm prospered and grew under his years of leadership. The hands-on experience gained during these years sharpened his ability to serve his clients in a relevant way as a trusted business advisor. He continues to work full-time for the firm, enjoying the challenges and stimulation presented by his vibrant clientele.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate/Business Law and Planning (including mergers and acquisitions)
- Probate and Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D. 1974
- Miami University, B.S. 1971
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Fellow of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Charitable Arm of the Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation, Board Member and Fomer President
- City of Wyoming, Ohio Community Improvement Corporation, President and Board Member
- Ohio Supreme Court Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program
- Maple Knoll Communities, Inc., Board Member
- Board of Habitat for Humanity