Jarrod Mohler is a partner in the firm's litigation practice group. He has experience representing both companies and individuals in business, commercial, and contractual disputes, employment claims, personal injury claims, workers compensation, probate and estate litigation, zoning matters, and appeals. Jarrod regularly appears in trial courts, appellate courts, mediations, arbitrations, and administrative hearings in Greater Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and surrounding communities.
Jarrod was selected for inclusion on the 2011, 2012, and 2013 Ohio Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list, which recognizes outstanding young lawyers based on peer recognition and professional achievement. Jarrod has attained a perfect 10.0 rating on Martindale-Avvo.
From 2006 to 2011, Jarrod served on the Cincinnati Bar Association's Certified Grievance Committee, which investigates and prosecutes grievances filed against local attorneys for violations of the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct. In 2011, Jarrod was appointed to the Ohio State Bar Association's Certified Grievance Committee.
Jarrod is a graduate of the Cincinnati Bar Association's Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class XVI. Jarrod also volunteers as a mentor to new lawyers through the Ohio State Bar Association's "Lawyer to Lawyer" Program.
Jarrod began his career as the staff attorney for the Honorable Thomas J. Grady of the Ohio Court of Appeals. Jarrod applies his research and writing skills and the experience he gained at the Court of Appeals when handling many of the firm's appeals. Jarrod has been personally involved in appeals before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the Ohio Supreme Court, and Courts of Appeals throughout the State of Ohio.
Jarrod is committed to serving his clients' needs and efficient, practical resolution of disputes.
Jarrod is actively involved in volunteer activities both within the legal community and for the public at large. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Over-the-Rhine Museum, and an Emeritus Member of the Board of Directors of Visionaries & Voices. Jarrod and his wife Sharon live in Clifton with their two children.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law (Employer and Employee)
- Personal Injury (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Workers Compensation (Defense)
- Probate/Estate Litigation
- Appellate Practice
90% of practice devoted to litigation
- Ohio, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court Colorado, 2016
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D.
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: Timothy J. Walker Founder's Scholarship
Law Review: Lead Articles Editor
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, B.A.
Honors: Dean's List
Majors: English and Sociology
- Can You Spare a Square?, 30 N. Ky. Law Rev. 189 (2003)
- Toward a Better Understanding, 68 U. Cin. Law Rev. 971 (2000)
- And Justice for All (Who Can Afford It), 68 U. Cin. Law Rev. 219 (1999)
- Chabad v. Cincinnati, 363 F.3d 427 (U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit 2004)
- Strain v. Strain, 2005 - Ohio - 6035 (12th District of Ohio 2005)
- McComas v. Ace Reporting, 2007 WL 4146029 (1st District of Ohio 2007)
- Mokrytzky v. Super Sys, 2007 WL 274421 (8th District of Ohio 2007)
- Westfield Ins. Co. v. Hunter, 128 Ohio St.3d 540, 2011-Ohio-1818
- MJMT, Inc. v. Geier, et al., 2012-Ohio-813 (1st District of Ohio 2012)
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Rising Stars List, 2011 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member, Certified Grievance Committee, 2006 - 2011
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member, 2000 - Present
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Certified Grievance Committee, 2011 - Present
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2000 - Present
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Cincinnati Chapter, 2007 - 2012
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class XVI, 2012
- Ohio Supreme Court Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program, 2012 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Ohio Court of Appeals, Second District, Law Clerk for the Hon. Thomas J. Grady, 2000 - 2002