Jarrod Mohler is a partner in the litigation practice group at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson & Tucker. He represents companies and individuals in business, commercial, and contractual disputes, employment claims, personal injury claims, workers' compensation, probate and estate litigation, and appeals. Jarrod regularly appears in trial courts, appellate courts, mediations, arbitrations, and administrative hearings in Greater Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, and surrounding communities. He is committed to serving his clients' needs and to efficient, practical resolution of disputes. Jarrod has been with the firm since 2003.
Jarrod was named an Ohio Super Lawyer in 2020 and 2021 based on peer recognition and professional achievement. He was previously named an Ohio Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in 2011, 2012, and 2013 as an outstanding young lawyer. He has a perfect 10.0 rating on Martindale-Avvo.
From 2006 to 2011, Jarrod served on the Cincinnati Bar Association's Certified Grievance Committee, which investigates and prosecutes grievances filed against local attorneys for violations of the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct. In 2011, he was appointed to the Ohio State Bar Association's Certified Grievance Committee, upon which he presently serves.
Jarrod is a graduate of the Cincinnati Bar Association's Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL), Class XVI. He also volunteers as a mentor to new lawyers through the Ohio State Bar Association's Lawyer to Lawyer Program.
Jarrod began his career as the staff attorney for the Honorable Thomas J. Grady of the Ohio Court of Appeals. He applies his research and writing skills and the experience he gained at the Court of Appeals in handling many of the firm's appeals. He has been personally involved in appeals before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, the Ohio Supreme Court, and Courts of Appeals throughout the State of Ohio.
Jarrod is actively involved in volunteer activities both within the legal community and for the public at large. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Over-the-Rhine Museum and an Emeritus Member of the Board of Directors of Visionaries & Voices.
Jarrod and his wife Sharon live in Clifton with their two children.
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2020-2021
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011 - 2013
- 10.0 Rating on Martindale-Avvo
- Cincinnati Bar Association
Certified Grievance Committee, 2006 - 2011
- Ohio State Bar Association
Certified Grievance Committee, 2011 - Present
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Cincinnati Chapter, 2007 - 2012
- Ohio Supreme Court Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program, 2012 - Present
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class XVI, 2012
- Over-the-Rhine Museum, Board of Directors
- Visionaries & Voices, Emeritus Member of the Board of Directors
- Chabad v. Cincinnati, 363 F.3d 427 (U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit 2004)
- Strain v. Strain, 2005-Ohio-6035 (12th District of Ohio 2005)
- McComas v. Ace Reporting, 2007-Ohio-6216 (1st District of Ohio 2007)
- Mokrytzky v. Super Sys, 2007-Ohio-404 (8th District of Ohio 2007)
- Westfield Ins. Co. v. Hunter, 128 Ohio St.3d 540 (Ohio Supreme Court 2011)
- MJMT, Inc. v. Geier, et al., 2012-Ohio-813 (1st District of Ohio 2012)
- JDH Management Group v. Pierce, 2018-Ohio-706 (12th District of Ohio 2018)
- Can You Spare a Square?, 30 N. Ky. Law Rev. 189 (2003)
- Toward a Better Understanding, 68 U. Cin. Law Rev. 971 (2000)
- And Justice for All (Who Can Afford It), 68 U. Cin. Law Rev. 219 (1999)