Jake Samad focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate estate and trust administration, business formation and succession planning, asset protection planning, and charitable giving. Jake works with individuals, families and closely-held business owners to address personal planning issues, to help with the thoughtful transfer of assets from one generation to the next, and to assist business owners with advice concerning general business matters, which may include planning for the successful transition of the business. While earning his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh, Jake also received his M.B.A. from the Katz Graduate School of Business.
Jake lives in College Hill with his wife, Amy, and their two children, Jack and Audrey. Active on the board of the College Hill Redevelopment Corporation, Jake is helping with the redevelopment of the College Hill business district. Jake is also a member of New City Presbyterian Church where he currently serves as a deacon.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate Estate and Trust Administration
- Business Formation and Succession Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Ohio, 2008
- Kentucky, 2014
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business, M.B.A.
- University of Cincinnati, B.A.
Honors and Awards
- Cincinnati Business Courier's Forty Under 40, Class of 2017
- Community Development Corporation of Greater Cincinnati, Most Outstanding CDC Volunteer Award, 2017
- College Hill Forum, John Weiser Community Service Award, 2016
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber's C-Change Program, Class XI, 2016
- Cincinnati Bar Association's Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL Program), 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council, Board Member, 2016 - present
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden Ambassador Council, Member, 2016 - present
- Charter Committee, Board Member, 2015 - present
- Back2Back Ministries, Inc., Board Member, 2015 - present
- College Hill Community Urban Redevelopment Corp., Vice President, 2011 - present
- New City Presbyterian Church, Member of Diaconate, 2013 - 2016