Cory D. Britt is a partner in the litigation practice group at Robbins, Kelly, Patterson and Tucker. His practice focuses primarily in the area of personal injury litigation. Having previously worked for both an insurance defense firm and a personal injury firm, Cory has gained a unique perspective on the strategies used in litigating catastrophic injury cases. Cory has tried numerous cases to verdict and regularly appears in trial courts, appellate courts, and probate courts throughout Ohio and Kentucky.
Cory was named an Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 based on peer recognition and professional achievement.
Raised nearby in Cynthiana, Kentucky, Cory graduated from Asbury University in 2010, and from the Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law in 2013. Cory was admitted to the practice of law in the State of Ohio in 2013 and in the Commonwealth of Kentucky in 2014.
Mr. Britt is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Southwestern Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, the Kentucky Association for Justice, and the Ohio Association for Justice.
- Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Southwestern Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- Kentucky Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Argued successfully before the Ohio First District Court of Appeals, Hamilton County, Ohio to obtain a reversal of summary judgment granted in favor of a school district (Case No. C-130122, Amber Sallee v. Three Rivers Local School District, et al.).
- Argued successfully before the Ohio First District Court of Appeals, Hamilton County, Ohio, to obtain an affirmation of a denial of summary judgment that was sought by a school district (Case No. C-1500260, Phyllis Bethay v. Cincinnati Public Schools, et al.).
- Secured a reversal of a defense verdict on a premises liability case in a successful appeal to the Kentucky Court of Appeals (Case No. 2018-CA-000147-MR, Tim Lynch v. Pilot Corporation, et al.).
- Obtained a jury verdict of $136,000 in a personal injury case in Hamilton County, Ohio where the last offer was $25,000 (Case No. A1201528, Amber Sallee v. Three Rivers Local School District, et al.).
- Obtained a jury verdict of $275,739 in Boone County, Kentucky where the last offer was $19,000 (Case No. 19-CI-1596, Gary Gavin v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company).
- Negotiated a settlement on behalf of the family of an individual who was killed in a motor vehicle collision caused by an Ohio state highway patrolman.