Post-Decree Modification

In many cases, divorce marks the permanent end of a relationship. However, when minor children are involved, or when an order for spousal support has been issued, a relationship between the spouses can continue long after the final decree. Issues calling for post decree modification or modification of a court order could include employment or income changes, the remarriage of a spouse receiving spousal support, an inability of the parents to work together, or changes in the needs of the children. In addition, if one party fails to comply with obligations set forth under the terms of the decree, such as failure to pay support or transfer property as ordered, contempt proceedings may be called for.

Contact RKPT for a consultation with our family law attorneys if you need assistance seeking a post decree modification or enforcement of any order related to your divorce.